I am sure you want a high quality financial, personal and professional life. One way to achieve a high quality of life is to first create High Standard for yourself.
When you set a Standard for something, you declare that anything below that standard is not acceptable to you. For an example a hotels have a standards like 3, 4 or 5 star hotels. When you go to a 5 star hotel you will not accept anything less than 5 star service. Here are some more example of standards.
Apple is known for its excellent standard of quality, Dominos Pizza is known for its 30 minutes delivery standard, Tom Cruse is known for his super hit movie standard.
Quality of your life always depends on the quality of your standards. But the problem is that most people don’t set their standards consciously due to which they are not able to control the quality of their life.
Thus I urge you to be consciously create high standards for every area of your life so you are able to control the quality of your life.
Here are some simple steps to create a high standard for yourself:
- Recognize areas to create Standards – Write different areas of your life where you can set a particular standard. E.g. Office work, your dressing style, your way of talking to people, etc
- Define your Standards – Now choose what are the standards that you want to consciously maintain in these areas.
- Define Necessary Actions to maintain Standards – Write down exactly what actions will you consistently take to maintain your defined standards.
- Define Unacceptable Actions – Now write down what actions that are unacceptable to make sure you don’t go below your defined standards anymore.
Here is an example of how i used this exercise in my life to create high standards:
- Recognize areas to create Standards – Training Quality
- Define your Standards – I defined that any training i conduct will have a minimum of 4 star rating (from 1 to 5).
- Define Necessary Actions to maintain Standards – Always be on time, being well prepared for the workshop, connecting well with the participants, etc
- Define Unacceptable Actions – Losing patience with participants, not being prepared, being late for the workshop, not being clear of the objectives, etc
I consciously maintain very high standards for my training quality and thus i have great work satisfaction and benefit with rich rewards in my business. Would i have not created these standards consciously for myself i would never be able to control the quality of my work life. I have done this exercise for other areas like “My Relationship with my Wife, Parents and Siblings also.
Remember if you don’t set your standards consciously for any area, you will have no control over the quality of your life in that area. I hope you do this exercise and if you do, feel free to leave a comment below regarding your experience and results to inspire me and many other readers.
Live with High Standards!
Remember to hit Like & Share below if you wish to acknowledge.