The Quality of our Thinking depends on the Quality of our Questions we ask.
How we think matters the most when something Challenging or Unwanted Happens in our life. If you have great thoughts, you will have great problem solving capacity + the ability to handle pain/pressure during challenges.
But do you know: How we think is controlled by the quality of our questions we ask? If we ask negative questions we have negative thinking, if we have positive questions we have positive thinking, if we have rich questions we have rich answers, really that’s how questions control our thinking!
But we hardly use “Conscious Questions” to control our thinking, rather our thoughts are controlled by our “Unconscious Questions”. The danger is that if we depend on our unconscious questions, then in all challenging situations, you will naturally ask negative questions which will then obviously lead to negative thinking and negative results.
So what can you do to change negative results? Well, start practicing Conscious Questions, because if you choose the quality of your questions then you can choose the quality of your thoughts & results you create.
Here are some great questions that you can ask yourself consciously the next time you face a challenging situation, these questions will give you the ability to choose powerful thoughts & results:
Goals Related Questions
- How can I learn from this to achieve my goals?
- What is the most important goal in my life right now?
- Am I giving my 100% best to my Goals to get the best of results?
- If I knew I was destined to achieve this goal, how would I feel/act?
- How will celebrate when I achieve this goal in-spite of all limitations?
Failure Related Questions:
- What can I focus on to feel grateful rather than sad?
- How can I use this failure to become tougher/stronger?
- How is this failure serving me?
- What would be my response if I knew this is temporary?
- What’s important right now? Feeling sad or taking control?
Relationships Related Questions:
- What is the best learning from this conflict?
- How can I make this relationship an example of strength?
- What can I do to experience instant joy in our relationship?
- How can I make this person feel more special than I ever have?
- How can I bring more acceptance and love in my relationship?
Office Related Questions:
- What can I focus on to love my work?
- How is my work making a difference in people’s life?
- How would I behave at work if it was my own business?
- What I can I do to return 10x value to my organization compared to my salary?
- How can I make my day today, the most satisfying day at work?
As an exercise write an area where you are experiencing Pain/Pressure/Challenge and then consciously write some powerful questions to re-direct yourself towards powerful thoughts.
Keep a list of these questions printed on your cubicle board, on your fridge in the kitchen, on your bathroom mirror, etc so that you get used to asking Conscious Questions to improve the quality of your thinking and thus your life.
All the best, do Like and Share this post to help others and leave your comments for further interaction on this topic.
Happy Conscious Questioning, here is one to start with…How would you feel if I was your biggest Fan? 🙂